Thursday 24 July 2014

The difference between WIP's and UFO's

When I talk about wips and ufos people get confused as to what I mean.

Here is my working definition.

Wips, things I am working on, at various stages, that I pick up, do a bit and put down.  These are projects that may take awhile to finish but at least I have the satisfaction of getting something done.

Often we have small amounts of time that we waste because we think that we don't have enough time to do ........   But if we have things set up, lying around with supplies attached or accessible, we can often do bits and all these bits add up to a finished project.

I have these all over the house. Lounge room, sewing room, dining room.  I have them in ziplock storage bags or whatever they will fit in, with all the bits I have rehearsed on them and decided to use.  Sometimes I find something that may go with a project but not have the time to rehearse it, so I put it in the bag with the project and then when I do have time its there to try.

I have things I can carry with me already bagged that I can do if I am going to be sitting somewhere waiting for awhile.

All these things are my wips.

Ufo's are things I am frustrated with, waiting for inspiration, waiting to purchase something for - that I usually cannot find.  Or just something that is not working out the way I picture it and I have to walk away and give it time, before I go back and look at it again. I wrote about this process in one of my others posts 'Most people I know think that I'm crazy'. I have to walk away and give myself time to rethink, re-visualise.

Or they got forgotten, misplaced under piles of other things etc

These are my ufo's.


No comments:

Post a Comment