Thursday 24 July 2014

Ba humbug!

Ok I've done Christmas in July. It was over 20 years ago, in the Snowy Mountains.  Australia doesn't have snow at Christmas and that was a wonderful theme for our long weekend ski trip.  Was great fun, small presents, lots of laughs.
But now somehow it seems to have been taken over by the retail trade.  Not only do we have Christmas shoved down our throats from around October onwards. Now we have it shoved down our throats in July and earlier.

I am not anti Christmas, even if I am not of that religious persuasion. I did the whole Christmas thing when my Children were young. gifts, decorations, tree. The whole works, and I loved to see their faces when they saw under the tree and opening their presents.  Now my children are young adults we still do the tree, the presents and when not at their dads we spend time enjoying each others company.

But now we have this whole commercial Christmas package not only pressuring us at Christmas time but in July also.  Lets go back to the way it was, just a non commercial fun excuse to enjoy being together, and sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment