Friday 1 August 2014

I'm spinning around, move out of my way........

This is a draft that I forgot to post at the time


I posted yesterday on facebook that I had not kept a promise made to myself 3 years ago, to honour my creative self.

I have been feeling discontent, frustrated by small things, dreading each morning, and longing for bed at night just to escape.  On the weekend I had a grung Sunday. For our family it means, help yourself to food, lazy around in grungies, etc.  On these days I set myself up with paper, pens, computer, books, magazines etc and I dream. I write notes, plan out ideas.  Or I read all day and just be. 

Last Sunday I found old notes, went through my fav websites, scrolled Facebook and came to the unhappy conclusion that I was slowly dying of supressed creativity.

I had infact let myself get swallowed up somehow by trying to live up to others expectations for my business.  It was never meant to be anything but a small home business.  I brought the embroidery machines to make my own Free Standing Lace for my own quilts and textile arts etc.  I thought about selling it to get a bit of money to help pay for supplies. I started hand dyeing also for my own Art Quilts, because I couldn't get what I wanted.

 I had promised myself that now I was unable to work as I had, I now had the opportunity to follow the 'Path not taken'.

Since posting that message I have felt such a feeling of happiness and freedom I haven't felt in a very long time. My mind has freed itself and I am constrantly grabbing pen and paper as I write down ideas, plan and draw designs.

I can look at my stash and know I don't have to 'wait' until I have the time.

So now I will make a poster or wall hanging with this promise on it.

I will no longer turn my back on my creative self.
I will bring to my life the joy of expressing all that is within me.
I will give my imagination the freedom to fly, and I will set my Creative Spirit free.
Each and every day I will shine a light on what I hold inside, and know that I bring to light my passion,  joys and sorrows.
They need no longer be hidden, and I need no longer hide who I am truly meant to be










2 comments: