Friday 15 August 2014

Am I the only one? A confession of sorts

I have a bit of a confession to make, when it comes to new ideas, thinking outside the box and all that , I jump into it up to my neck and enjoy learning, experimenting, and generally having fun.

But when it comes to things that I see on Facebook,  and on blogs, I have a mental blank. I find I am intimidated and hesitate to try it. I know that I won't be good at it to start off with, that my pieces won't look as good, but still I hesitate to even get started.

Why is that? I know we can't live up to others standards. That we must all earn our experience. But what makes us afraid to try.

So as I ponder this, I wonder what else could we achieve if we were able to break down this barrier.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I often think it is because as a child growing up when I tried something new and it didn't work I was made fun of. I know logically that this is no longer the case but the hurt and the ridicule still lingers and hurts.

      Delete