Thursday 16 November 2017

It isn't over yet!

I haven't posted for so long. this year wasn't what I hoped it would be. But I did progress slowly, mainly in the last few months, and especially now that the weather is warming up. A very cold, wet and long winter slowed me down. Approximately 3 days of spring, and now an early summer.


I have in fact been going through my stash, on and off over the year, and when the weather cleared up I re-washed all my fabric and have been going through my supplies, as I desperately needed to downsize to fit into the house I am now in.


Although I didn't do as much as I wanted, I did focus on what I was I wanted. What is important to me, what I am now capable of doing without further injuring my back etc. In my mind I went through what I had a passion for, what I had fun doing, and what I still wanted to learn. and slowly let go of the things that no longer gave me joy, excited me, or made me eager to start a new day.


I mindmapped, I scribbled down notes, ideas and am now starting an Art journal and keep a note book beside me for when something pops into my head.  Because of a bad memory, I want to start putting books together on resources, mediums, fabrics and textiles, etc. while the memory may go the books will always be there to jog it. So YES I may not have done as much as I have physically, mentally I have focused on what I plan on FOCUSING ON, from now on..


No 2017, is not over yet


No comments:

Post a Comment