Thursday 23 November 2017

2017 - So maybe I did get somethings done



Finding this saying on Pinterest was what finally gave me the push to get going. I had spent sooooo long organizing, clearing and decluttering, I had lost my momentum and had forgotten why I started it in the first place.


Reading this made me realise I didn't have a goal - a Vision - for when it was all done, so I struggled to find the motivation to keep going when it seemed never ending.




So I thought about all that I had mused about over the year. what I had planned at the beginning of the year. What I had wanted to focus on. Mainly on Textile Arts and learning new mediums etc. My garden and making it more accessible for myself which I did start on and have been slowly adding to as the weather allowed.




 



                                   Also my embroidery, Art Quilting and Crazy Quilting




The hardest part about 2017 was I lost Tigger, also known as 'Her Majesty', pictured here taking care of my fabric until I needed it. I still miss her dearly.










So after realising I had lost my way I started to think of everything I still wanted to try, to experience/learn and grow in my Creative Life.  I did so many brain dumps as my mind again started to get excited. Pages and pages of scribbles and ideas.



Then I started Mind Mapping, laying down the foundations, accepting my restrictions and trying to find ways around them so that I could still do what I wanted without causing further pain. 


 

I also wanted to make my own calendar/diary for 2018, I keep buying the yearly ones but never end up using them.  So I scribbled, tweaked and finally came up with a design that I will use for the rest of the year and see how it works for me. If it doesn't then I will design another one each time until I come up with a design that works. 


Below is the templates I made of the design so I would not have to measure it out each time. Will get one ready for next week and post it later.

 


Below are some of the Journal pages I have done over the last few days. I have a lot of Quotes and other meaningful words etc, and each day I try to find something that gives me an 'Ah ha' moment.
The first one is todays, and shows the mess this year has been
 At the moment this saying I again found on Pinterest, is possibly going to be my theme for 2018. Just take each day as it is and just keep doing that each and every day. Exciting times
 

 This is my 2017 Journal cover, with my hand dyed laces and fabric. The laces I do on my own machines and I just love how the colours blend
 
This was the page that I did at the beginning of the year. And although it took awhile I am finally moving forward

 









No comments:

Post a Comment