Thursday 23 November 2017

2017 - the year that almost wasn't

I had big plans and high hopes for 2017, it was going to be the year of 'FOCUS", but up until now it has been a hard slog. But now I am finally seeing the result of many months of self reflection. I have had have struggles with depression as the cold months dragged on, and the pain just never seemed to let up, but through it all I pottered around, slowly going through my stash, downsized my clutter and cleared out forgotten bits and pieces. I reflected on the fact that I will be 55 this year and sometimes I felt that maybe I was expecting too much of myself.


But I never gave up my dreams and visions of how I wanted things to be.


And now as the year starts to dwindle I have re-affirmed myself and my dreams, visions, passions and my creative self who is still struggling to be acknowledged.


 I have started my Art Journal and most days I find something that resonates with me and I create.


But most of all I keep reminding myself;


IT IS NOT TOO LATE AND I AM NOT TOO OLD

No comments:

Post a Comment