Friday 14 August 2015

Making Your Own stencils

l use thin cardboard that is A4 size. This gives the solid base that is needed for the stencils.

Next I print out silhouettes, pictures etc  some from copyright sites, and some I design myself. I also find the cardboard designs that are used in scrapbooking are great as well. Just lay them on your printer and print out. I buy a cheap contact as it isn't that thick and cover the cardboard, both sides - that is important - it must be covered both sides!




I have a large floor tile I use for cutting on.

Using a sharp cutting tool carefully cut around the design, rotating the cardboard as much as possible, instead if the cutter. The cardboard is easier to move because the contact is on both sides as slides easier.

With designs that have inner pieces leave 'bridges' of contact to hold it to the main design

No comments:

Post a Comment