Monday 7 May 2018

Printing on washaway

Although I have posted about this before, I was asked to show how I printed on washaway to use in my work. This is an update of how I use washaway to print out designs. You can either pin the designs down or you can use dissolvable thread to tack them down. I have used this on light fabric and as the design is very light I have - so far - not found the ink to stain when washed after finished.
You may need to do a small test on a spare piece of fabric to check




I use an A4 sized label printer paper. I remove the label and then using a fabric style washaway I press it to the sticky side, smoothing it out 




The printer I use is an inkjet. It MUST have a straight feed.

And I place the designs I want onto the printer



I then place a piece of paper over the top



Place the label fabric side up and print







These can then be cut out and when ready just pin them to your work. I usually have a plastic slipcover in which I put all that I need into for each project





No comments:

Post a Comment