Tuesday 29 May 2018

Heading down the right Path

Last year was 'Focus', I focused on downsizing, re-organising and deciding what was important to me as a Creative Person.


This year it has been 'Metanoia' meaning growth and change.


I have been focusing on my 'Dreamin' Of Lace' page on FB and on using what I have made in my Textile Arts, Crazy Quilting, Embellishing etc


I have been asked to make Diary Wraps and Book Wraps to sell, and I have been designing them on paper with sizes etc. I have also been asked to make Boho Bags as well, which I still have to finalise.


Getting final sizes planned for the book/diary wraps, fabric book pages to be used for TAST and other projects of a small size. And I am going to be doing the other projects/fabric books on the same size.
The squares etc will be scrapbook size. This means I can do projects in various sizes, and place them all into 'books', not have them just lying around everywhere. Now I don't have to waste time deciding what size my projects will be, I will work within these sizes.


I have always been frustrated by the fact that I couldn't just decide what size each project would be, and I wasted a lot of time stuffing around. Now I have various sizes that I can work with and just focus on the creative process






As well as organizing my project sizes I have also been taking the time to practice my drawing. I start our by doing doodle type designs on the first page. Just small drawings filling up a page. This gives me a bit of practice before I start on the larger pictures. I find that by doing this warm-up I can more easily draw the larger pictures.
 
 


 A lot of these doodle pages and larger pictures will be used in the future for my embroidery and textile art projects

A


No comments:

Post a Comment